Isn’t there something special about the scent of newly cut grass? You can hear the growling sound coming out from the lawn mower in the distance.
Any property will look gorgeous with a well-kept lawn. Beautiful trees, bushes, flowers, and sturdy rise of grass can enhance your home and yard’s aesthetic appeal. However, you can’t just plant a bush and forget about your lovely grass; it needs care and upkeep.
You must understand the importance of lawn maintenance, and seek the services of a lawn care specialist if you want to keep a sustainable front yard.
How Important Is Lawn Maintenance?
The dangers to your lawn, such as weeds, drought, and insects, keep you from having a scenery you’ll love. It’s impossible to overestimate how vital lawn care services are, as your grass depends on regular maintenance to get the nutrients it needs to survive and develop its color, thickness, and overall health, as well as protection from harmful organisms.
Lawn maintenance services solve all these following issues and more.
- Lowers temperature around your house and nearby areas
- Increases a home’s value and marketability
- Offers more cushion and flexibility for sports and activities
- Produces enough oxygen for a family
- Improves psyche and moods
- Absorbs rainwater four times better than a hay field
- Removes contaminants and purifies water for the aquifer
- Cleans the air by capturing dust particles
- Stabilizes slopes and stops runoff and soil erosion
- Enhances beauty of public green spaces
7 Essential Lawn Care Tips
Trees, bushes, and flowers are a wonderful addition to your front yard, except when they’re dead. By removing weak, damaged, or insect-infested stems with regular pruning and snipping, you can maintain your plants’ general health and prevent them from rotting, improving the vibrance of your front yard.
It’s easy to be wasteful when it comes to lawn care. Homeowners can make the mistake of overwatering, overmowing or undermowing, and failing to aerate and fertilize. Overseeding also relates to issues that are much more common than most people know.
Below are tips you must remember when caring for your lawn.
- Not all grasses thrive in all climates; you will not succeed in creating a New Jersey lawn out of bluegrass, fine fescue, or St. Augustine grass. To be able to pick the right grass for your climate, you can consult a local lawn service provider because they know the fundamentals of sowing, fertilizing, watering, and more.
- Trimming the height of grass will vary depending on the type. Warm-season grasses flourish at a half-inch height, while cold-season grasses should be about 3 inches tall.
- Grasses need at least an inch of water every week, which should come from both natural precipitation and artificial irrigation like sprinklers, etc.
- The optimal time to aerate your lawn to loosen the soil is in the first few weeks of spring.
- Fertilizer needs to be sprayed at least once a year, especially in the last weeks of winter. If your lawn is having trouble growing in the spring, you might want to cultivate it, too.
- Overseeding is a task that is normally carried out in the spring and fills in bare spots in your grass.
- Look for non-toxic pesticides and organic chemical weed control to manage and eliminate harmful insects and plants.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawn Care Provider
There are various benefits in hiring a professional lawn care specialist to maintain your mini prairie and garden. For one, they have a green thumb and are knowledgeable about caring for turf grasses. Many homeowners believe they can take care of their front yard greenery by themselves just fine, but sometimes DIY maintenance may not be enough.
The following are just some of the benefits of hiring a lawn care specialist.
You save time
Hiring a reputable lawn care and maintenance expert can save you from the hassle of groundwork and putting every bit into place. Leaving the responsibility of lawn care to a professional allows you to have peace of mind knowing your mini-grassland is in good hands while you make time for other household chores.
You receive expert advice and services
A lawn care expert will identify issues with your lawn far quicker than you could. Because of their knowledge, they can provide solutions that will revive your front yard without a need for trial and error.
You save money
Most people think they can save money by taking care of their lawn themselves, but in actuality, hiring a professional will cost them significantly less in the long run. Your turf grass is susceptible to invading weeds or pests, and eliminating these pests could cost you a lot of money without the proper tools. These need specialized equipment, such as an aeration machine and professional-grade organic weed and pest control.
You get more than just mowing
A reliable contractor can provide more than just basic lawn care services; they specialize in renovation services, bush removal, front yard cleanup, weeding, pruning, mulching, edging, and more. They can also design and install beautiful new paths, garden spaces, lighting, and irrigation systems.
Is It Worth Paying for Lawn Maintenance?
There are a few more challenges in maintaining your grass, such as consistent sanitation, scheduled mowing, or a proper irrigation system. You don’t have to do everything yourself, but you shouldn’t ignore its importance just because you lack the time.
Regular maintenance can increase your property’s curbside appeal and give your home a welcoming vibe. No matter how big or small your property is, keeping it attractive from the outside is just as important compared to the inside.
Not only is lawn maintenance worth paying for; it will also save you money and effort in the long run because you won’t have to replace parts of your lawn every time anything dies due to lack of maintenance.
Keep Your Lawn Healthy with WesCo
Everyone enjoys a lush, well-manicured lawn, and it goes without saying that they require a lot of time and work. Knowing the importance of lawn maintenance will give you the urgency to do what it takes for your greensward to be in its best shape.
If you need any kind of help with your lawn, don’t hesitate to give us a call. No matter your budget, we can come up with a lawn care plan that works for you.